Buprenorphine is an opioid (narcotic) drug that is used as a substituent to help people get rid of addiction of other opioids. Buprenorphine works through binding to the same receptors in the brain, through which other opioids affect, including μ (mu) and k (kappa) receptors. Buprenorphine decreases the need to other opioids. The same time, it has milder side effects, compared to methadone.
How Can Drugs Cause A Buprenorphine False Positive
Drug tests detect Buprenorphine in the system through certain types of assays, which sometimes are not able to specifically detect Buprenorphine itself or its metabolites. Instead, those tests work, depending on a structure-based technique that detects not only Buprenorphine-containing drugs; but also all drugs having structures similar to those of Buprenorphine and Buprenorphine’s’ metabolites, causing a Buprenorphine false positive.
What Can Cause A False Positive
Research shows the drugs below to be able to cause a false positive for buprenorphine.
- Amisulpride-containing drugs, such as Deniban, Socian, Solian, sultopride and Barnetil.
- Sulpiride-containing drugs, such as Aiglonyl, Arminol, Deponerton, Desisulpid, Digton, Dogmatil, Eglonyl, Ekilid, Guastil, Lebopride, Meresa, Pontiride, Psicocen, Sulp, Sulpitil, Sulpivert, Sulpor, Synédil, Tepavil, Vertigo Meresa and Vertigo neogama.
- Codeine-containing drugs, such as Altec , Altec P, Altec Syrup, Apidin, Ascoril –C, Ascoril –C, Bronolax, C –Kof, Carion, Cocof Cough Lincutus, and Codeb.
- Tizanidine-containing drugs, such as Zanaflex, Sirdalud and Relentus.
- Dextromethorphan-containing drugs, such as cough and cold drugs, can also cause a false positive for Buprenorphine. For example, Robitussin CoughGels, Delsym, Buckleys Mixture, Creomulsion, Creo-Terpin, DayQuil Cough, Elixsure Cough, Robafen Cough Liquidgels, Scot-Tussin Diabetic, Silphen DM, Sucrets DM Cough, Theraflu Thin Strips Cough, and Triaminic Long Acting Cough.
- Diphenhydramine-containing drugs, such as Allergy Relief, Allermax, Banophen, Benadryl, Compoz Nighttime Sleep Aid, Diphedryl, Diphenhist, Dytuss, Nytol QuickCaps, Q-Dryl, Quenalin, Scot-Tussin Allergy Relief Formula, Simply Sleep, Sleepinal, Sominex, Tranquil, Twilite, Unisom Sleepgels Maximum Strength, Valu-Dryl, Vanamine PD, Z-Sleep and ZzzQuil.
Other Factors Affect False Positive Tests Of Buprenorphine
Importantly, there are other factors that can significantly affect the false positive results of Buprenorphine’s tests. Those factors differ from a person to another, including:
- your age
- your body mass
- the administered dosage. For example, an overdose of any of the previously-mentioned drugs undoubtedly takes a longer time to be cleared from the body.
- whether you’re a light or a chronic user of the previous drugs.
- your metabolic rate of drugs, which determines how quickly your body is able to get rid of those drugs.
- the type of the tests you are required to undergo, as well as the time the test is performed. Each test has a certain time frame to detect certain drugs.
Can Opioids Cause A False Positive For Buprenorphine?
No, none of them can. In spite of being opioid, buprenorphine should be specifically tested for. In order to detect an opioid drug, such as morphine, drug tests need to look for certain metabolites. Those metabolites entirely differ from the metabolite that can show the presence of buprenorphine in the system. That’s why opioid-based tests are not likely to cause a false positive for buprenorphine.
Best Products To Pass Drug Test
$ 59.99 $ 77.99
- Permanent Detox
- Time to work: 7 days
- For those who have enough time, and want to detox from marijuana and other toxins, this kit will cleanse you in 7 days.
$ 59.99 $ 77.99
- Temporary results. Up to 5 hours
- Time to work: 90 minutes
- For those who need to pass a urine drug test on short notice. It works in just 90 minutes and is effective up to 5 hours, giving you enough time to pass your test.
$ 50.99 $ 66.29
- Permanent results
- Time to work: 25 days
- For those, who want to get clean and have more than 1 week.