Oxycodone is semi-synthetic opioid analgesic, which means that oxycodone is a narcotic, and it causes dependence (addiction). Oxycodone is used to relieve mild and moderate pain as well as another type of pain known as around-the-clock pain, for which an extendedrelease form of oxycodone is used.
The same as other opioids, such as morphine and methadone, hydrocodone is commonly abused and misused as a recreation drug because of its effects on the central nervous system that result in sedation, for example. Examples of oxycodone brands: Oxaydo, OxyCONTIN, Oxyfast, Roxicodone and Xtampza ER.
What Can Cause a False Positive for Oxycodone
Over the counter cough suppressants and ibuprofen
- Hydrocodone-containing drugs, such as Hysingla ER, Zohydro ER
- Naltrexone-containing drugs, such as Vivitrol, Revia, Depade
- Doxylamine-containing drugs, such as Unisom
- Hydromorphone-containing drugs, Such as Dilaudid, Dilaudid-5, and Exalgo
- Cough suppressants containing dextromethorphan, such as Robitussin CoughGels, Delsym, Buckleys Mixture, Creomulsion, Creo-Terpin, DayQuil Cough, Elixsure Cough, Robafen Cough Liquidgels, Scot-Tussin Diabetic, Silphen DM, Sucrets DM Cough, Theraflu Thin Strips Cough, and Triaminic Long Acting Cough
Why Do Those Drugs Cause A False Positive
The majority of drug tests lack of specificity. Thus, such tests detect Oxycodone in the system through certain types of assays, which are not able to specifically detect Ocycodone or its metabolites.
Instead, those tests depend on a structure-based technique that detects not only oxycodone-containing drugs and their metabolites; but also all drugs having structures similar to those of Oxycodone, causing a false positive for oxycodone.
How Long Can Those Drugs Cause A False Positive
As long as those drugs or their metabolites are still in your system, they are likely to cause a false positive for Oxycodone.
Importantly, there are other factors that can significantly affect the false positive results of Oxycodone’s tests. Those factors differ from a person to another, including:
- your age
- your body mass
- the administered dosage. For example, an overdose of any of the previously mentioned drugs will undoubtedly take a longer time to be cleared from the body.
- whether you’re a light or a chronic user of the previous drugs.
- your metabolic rate of drugs, which determines how quickly your body is able to get rid of the previous drugs.
- the type of the tests you are required to undergo, as well as the time the test is performed. Each test has a certain time frame to detect certain drugs.
Best Products To Pass Drug Test
$ 59.99 $ 77.99
- Permanent Detox
- Time to work: 7 days
- For those who have enough time, and want to detox from marijuana and other toxins, this kit will cleanse you in 7 days.
$ 59.99 $ 77.99
- Temporary results. Up to 5 hours
- Time to work: 90 minutes
- For those who need to pass a urine drug test on short notice. It works in just 90 minutes and is effective up to 5 hours, giving you enough time to pass your test.
$ 50.99 $ 66.29
- Permanent results
- Time to work: 25 days
- For those, who want to get clean and have more than 1 week.