How to Get Meth Out Of Your System and Pass Drug Test
Meth can take 2 to 7 days to completely get out of your system. While it is possible for your body to fight off the effects faster, the end of a ‘speed’ high doesn’t exactly signify a safe zone for you. The available tests which test urine, saliva, blood and hair specimen may still test positive for meth or its metabolites.
Stick close to find out how meth is metabolized and excreted in your body, how long it takes in your system and how long it remains detectable in various tests. There are some great tips on how you can increase your chance of passing too.
How is Meth Metabolized
Meth can be ingested by inhaling, smoking, taking it orally or intravenously. The usual dosage is 5 – 10 mg though it can vary depending on the tolerance on an individual.
When orally ingested, the effects of the drug are felt in 20 – 45 minutes. This is due to the longer time it takes to move through the digestive system. Along the way it’s absorbed into the bloodstream. Peak concentrations occur 3 – 7 hours and 10 – 24 hours for methamphetamine and amphetamine respectively.
When meth is snorted or smoked it enters the blood stream rapidly through the lungs and nasal cavity. Only 79% of snorted and 37.4% of the smoked dose enters the bloodstream. Peak concentrations in blood occur a few minutes after use.
An intravenously administered dose readily enters the bloodstream. Once meth is in the bloodstream the heart pumps it into the liver where it’s metabolized.
By action of CYP2D6 enzymes found in the liver, it is broken down into un-metabolized meth, major and minor metabolites. Amphetamine and 4- hydroxymethamphetamine are the major metabolites while minor ones result from the subsequent break down of amphetamine.
The drug has a high ability to dissolve in all bodily fluids a quality which allows it to readily pass the blood brain barrier. Once in the brain, it triggers an increase in dopamine and serotonin levels. Dopamine is the feel good hormones which result into euphoric ‘rush’. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter which stimulates the body to be more wakeful and increase physical activity.
Meth undergoes renal excretion. The ph level of urine plays a great role in this. Low ph enhances excretion of meth by reducing its half- life in the body. Basic urine on the other hand slows down excretion and lengthens its stay in the body. In simpler terms, the more acidic the urine, the shorter it takes to eliminate meth and vice versa.
30 – 54% of an oral dose is excreted as un-metabolized meth and 10 – 23% as amphetamine. The ratio of renal excretion of meth and its major metabolite amphetamine is approximately 3:1. Within 24 hours about 62% of the entire dose should have been eliminated in urine.
45% of an injected dose is excreted as un-metabolized meth and 7% as amphetamine. This gives an approximate ratio of 6:1. Meth and its metabolites are also excreted in sweat, saliva and hair follicles.
How Long Does Meth Stay In Your System
Meth stays in the body longer than many other drugs. First of all, meth can have high phases that last from as little as 5 minutes to as long as 5 days or more especially with binge use. This can be further explained by its half-life of between 10 and 30 hours and 16 – 31 hours for amphetamine, its major metabolite.
Many factors contribute to how fast meth leaves your body but Urine ph tops the list as explained above. With a ph of six it takes 48 to 56 hours for the body to excrete 90 – 95 % of the metabolite from the body. Based on the varying factors, meth and its metabolites can take between 2-7 days after use to completely leave your body. However, some tests like the hair test can still detect it way long after use.
For How Long Can Meth Be Detected By Drug Tests
According to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the federal cutoff limits are given as 500ng/mL for both methamphetamine and amphetamine. Additionally, when a test targets the parent drug, the sample must also contain a concentration of 200ng/mL or more of amphetamine for a positive to be declared.
Prescribed medicine for therapeutic use usually contains 20-50 ng/mL of amphetamine.
Urine provides a longer detection window than saliva. The drug is detectable within 2-5 hours of use. Most of meth is excreted in urine and therefore higher concentrations in its original form and metabolites are detected. It can remain detectable for 1-4 days after use. The period can be extended by heavy and chronic use for up to 7 days.
A saliva test is most of the time preferred in work places and drug treatment centres due to ease of collection and its non-invasive nature. It allows direct supervision and hence reduces chances of adulteration or substitution. The test checks for the drug rather than its metabolites.
Meth can be detected in saliva within 5-10 minutes after use. It then stays within detectable levels for 1-3 days. Saliva is considered more acidic than blood and therefore contains higher concentrations. The concentration goes down if the saliva is stimulated.
Meth is detectable in a hair test 7 days after use which is the time taken by ‘tainted’ hair to grow out of the scalp. The test can provide evidence for past drug use depending on the amount and length of hair used. A normal hair specimen of 1.5 inch detects up to 90 days after use.
Blood will test positive for meth 2 hours after use. The levels stay within the cut off levels for 1-3 days after the last dose. It does not provide accuracy for past drug use.
How To Pass Drug Test For Meth
If you need to pass urine test, here are 2 methods to do it:
- Step By Step Guide To Diluting Urine for Drug Test: https://thcdetox.biz/blog/dilute-urine-pass-drug-test/
- Smart Guide To Using Synthetic Urine: https://thcdetox.biz/blog/using-synthetic-urine-pass-drug-test/
Here is the step by step guide to passing saliva drug test: https://thcdetox.biz/blog/home-remedies-pass-saliva-drug-test/
Here is the step by step guide to passing hair drug test: https://thcdetox.biz/blog/how-to-pass-a-hair-drug-test/
Step by step guide to passing blood drug test: https://thcdetox.biz/blog/pass-blood-drug-test/
How to Speed Up Detoxification
The best way to help your body eliminate drug toxins is to stop use and let it do it naturally. However, an impending drug test may not give you the luxury of time. You may require some help speeding up the process. The following remedies are known to help.
Vinegar is well known for its detoxification properties. It helps to flush out toxins from the liver and enhance blood filtration. It also aids in circulation. Efficiency of the liver may just work to your advantage.
To get maximum benefits, take a tablespoon of vinegar diluted in a large glass of water three times a day, preferably before meals. Start this as early as when you first learn of the upcoming test to increase your chances.
Excretion of meth from the body can be hastened by decreasing urinary ph. A study established that 76% of parent drug is excreted in urine with low ph and 2% in high ph. Similarly 74% of unchanged amphetamine is excreted in acidic urine compared to 1% in alkaline conditions.
Acidic conditions limit the re-absorption of alkaline drugs into the system. Methamphetamine and amphetamine are alkaline with pH value of 9.9.
Forced acid diuresis can be done by taking ascorbic acid. This is the acid which is found in citrus fruits and juices. It is also available over the counter as a vitamin C supplement. 90mg per day is the lower limit recommended for adults with 2000mg being the maximum dose.
Take a 300-500mg tablet with plenty of water four times daily. This should be done 1-3 days before the test. The increase in body acidity will increase the drug’s excretion rate.
- Adiction Blog. (2014). How long does meth last? Retrieved from http://drug.addictionblog.org/how-long-does-meth-last/
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry. (2018). Duration of Detectable Methamphetamine and Amphetamine Excretion in Urine after Controlled Oral Administration of Methamphetamine to Humans Retrieved From http://clinchem.aaccjnls.org/content/48/10/1703
- Drug Rehab. (2017). How Long Does Methamphetamine Stay In Your System? Retrieved from http://www.drugrehab.org/how-long-does-meth-stay-in-system/
- Huestis, M. A. & Cone, E. J. (2007). The New York Academy of Sciences, Methamphetamine Disposition in Oral Fluid, Plasma, and Urine. Retrieved from http://doi.org/10.1196/annals.1384.038
- Huestis, M. A., & cone, E. J. (2007). Methamphetamine Disposition in Oral Fluid, Plasma, and Urine. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1098, 104–121. http://doi.org/10.1196/annals.1384.038 Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2709797/#S7title
- Moeller, K. E. PHARMD, BCPP. Lee, K. C. PHARMD, BCPP. Kissack, J. C. PHARMD, BCPP. (2008). Urine Drug Screening: Practical Guide for Clinicians Retrieved from http://drug-test.com.au/pdfs/10-Mayo-Clinic-Clinicians.pdf
- The Recovery Village. (n.d). How Long Does Meth Stay in Your System? Retrieved from https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/meth-addiction/faq/how-long-meth-stay-system/#gref
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (2013). methamphetamine hydrochloride tablets Retrieved from https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/005378s028lbl.pdf
- University of Rochester Medical Center. (2008). Amphetamine Screen (Blood) Retrieved from https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=167&ContentID=amphetamine_blood_screen
Best Products To Pass Drug Test
$ 59.99 $ 77.99
- Permanent Detox
- Time to work: 7 days
- For those who have enough time, and want to detox from marijuana and other toxins, this kit will cleanse you in 7 days.
$ 59.99 $ 77.99
- Temporary results. Up to 5 hours
- Time to work: 90 minutes
- For those who need to pass a urine drug test on short notice. It works in just 90 minutes and is effective up to 5 hours, giving you enough time to pass your test.
$ 50.99 $ 66.29
- Permanent results
- Time to work: 25 days
- For those, who want to get clean and have more than 1 week.