How Long Does Vyvanse Stay In Your System
Vyvanse is a drug commonly prescribed for treating 2 disorders, including binge eating disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in both adults and children who are 6 years or older.
Vyvanse contains a main active ingredient known as lisdexamfetamine, which makes Vyvanse act as a stimulant to central nervous system. That’s why a lot of people abuse and misuse Vyvanse because of its positive effects that cause euphoria, mental alertness and excitement. Some examples of common names similar to Vyvanse include Dimesylate, Elvanse, Lisdexamfetamine and NRP 104.
- How does Vyvanse work
- How long does Vyvanse stay in your system
- Will Vyvanse show on a drug test?
- How long is Vyvanse detectable
- What drug tests will show the presence of Vyvanse in the system
- How is Vyvanse stored in the body
- Best Products To Pass Drug Test
How does Vyvanse work
Vyvanse is actually a prodrug, which means that it needs at first to be converted in the body to other substances, including dextroamphetamine and L-lysine. Through stimulating the central nervous system, Vyvanse inhibits a certain process known as dopamine uptake. Thus, Vyvanse prolongs the time dopamine stays active in the body.
How long does Vyvanse stay in your system
Up to 6 hours post-administration, Vyvanse is likely to stay in your system. The reason is that lisdexamfetamine has a half-life of less than an hour, which means that within less than an hour post-administration, 50% of the administered dose of Lisdexamphetamine will no longer be active in your system, and so on till the administered dose is fully eliminated.
More importantly, up to 3 days post-administration, Vyvanse is likely detectable in your system, as the dextroamphetamine-metabolite resulting from lisdexamfetamine has an average half-life of 12 hours.
Furthermore, there are other factors that can significantly affect the duration Vyvanse stays in your system. Those factors differ from a person to another, including:
- Your age
- Your body mass
- The administered dosage. For example, if you administer an overdose, Vyvanse will undoubtedly stay longer in your system.
- Whether you’re a light or a chronic user of Vyvanse.
- Your metabolic rate of drugs. That determines how quickly your body is able to get rid of the Vyvanse and its metabolites.
Will Vyvanse show on a drug test?
Yes, Vyvanse will show on drug tests. Containing lisdexamfetamine, Vyvanse will show positive during the amphetamines test. However, there are other factors that can affect the tests’ results of Vyvanse. Those factors can even cause the test to show negative, including:
- the type of the tests you are required to undergo
- the time the test is performed. Each test has a certain time frame to detect certain drugs. Therefore, what a certain test can detect at a certain moment; another test can’t.
- individual factors that differ from a person to another, as shown above.
How long is Vyvanse detectable
Urine and blood
Vyvanse can be detected in your blood within a few minutes after the last dose, and up to 24 hours; while in urine, it takes around 2-8 hours post-administration for amphetamines-containing drugs, such as Vyvanse, to be detected, and up to 3 days post-administration. Surely, administering an overdose or frequent administration of Vyvanse can result in prolonging the time Vyvanse is detectable in your blood, urine and hair.
Hair, saliva and fingernails
Up to 1 month and sometimes longer, Vyvanse is likely detectable in your hair. In terms of saliva and fingernails-based tests, those tests are rarely considered for Vyvanse detection. Starting from 1 hour and up to 2 days post-administration, Vyvanse may is likely detectable in your saliva.
What drug tests will show the presence of Vyvanse in the system
- Blood analysis
- Hair-based tests, including: Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, ELISA (enzyme linked immunosorbent assays)
- Saliva-based tests: High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
How is Vyvanse stored in the body
After the oral administration of Vyvanse, it is readily absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, reaching blood stream. Afterwards, Vyvanse is metabolized, forming the different metabolites shown above. Within the half-life of Lisdexamphetamine and dextroamphetamine, each substance is eliminated.
Additionally, certain factors can affect the time Vyvanse is stored in different body parts, such as the concomitant use of drugs, as well as your diet. In case you are concomitantly taking other drugs that can alkalinize your urine, Vyvanse may tend to be stored for longer time in the system, and so is the case with your diet.
On the other hand, in case your diet or the drugs you’re concomitantly using cause your urine to be more acidic than normal, Vyvanse will be quickly eliminated from your system.
- PubChem. Lisdexamfetamine.
- PubChem. Dextroamphetamines.
Best Products To Pass Drug Test
- Permanent Detox
- Time to work: 7 Days
- For those who have enough time, and want to detox from marijuana and other toxins, this kit will cleanse you in 7 days.
- Best solution
- Time to work: 90 minutes
- For those who need to pass a urine drug test on short notice. It works in just 90 minutes and is effective up to 5 hours, giving you enough time to pass your test