Drug and alcohol tests are mandatory in some workplaces. If you happen to use drugs, you’re in big trouble. Good thing there’s a lot of remedies that you may use to detox your body from it. One of these is the pill called Niacin. It is being used to cleanse the body just like how a detox should. Here’s more about this drug and alternative method for detoxing.
What is Niacin?
Niacin is a vitamin also called B3 or nicotinic acid that aids in the body’s conversion of carbohydrates to glucose to produce energy. It also makes use of the body’s stored fats and proteins. They are also responsible for making our hair, skin, eyes and liver to optimum health. Niacin is also called a Vitamin B complex that is important for the nervous system to function properly.
It is water-soluble which means it does not stay in the body for long. You can get your daily dose of Vitamin B3 through diet and supplementation. Lack of Vitamin B3 can lead to a deficiency but it’s almost a rare case. If it does happen symptoms such as indigestion, fatigue, canker sores and pellagra in extreme cases can be experienced.
The latest and largest study of niacin, which included more than 25,000 people with heart disease, was published July 16 in The New England Journal of Medicine……The study also found some unexpected and serious side effects. People who took niacin were more likely than people taking a placebo to experience liver problems, infections and bleeding in various body areas including the stomach, intestines and brain.
How Does it Work and Help Pass a Drug Test?
Niacin is capable of opening up the capillaries allowing the toxins to flush out from your system. Niacin is also a known treatment for high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, and this greatly helps in flushing out THC (tetrahydracannabinol).
THC is the main psychoactive ingredient of marijuana, that are stored in the fatty deposits of the body. In other words, Niacin helps speed up the elimination of THC from the body through urine by burning your fats.
How to Use Niacin Before a Drug Test?
- Niacin is effective when taken 24 hours before a drug and alcohol test. So, it is best that you refrain from taking drugs in any form and alcohol prior to testing and while you are undergoing detoxing.
- Six hours prior to detoxing, take a 500 mg pill of Niacin. Expect side effects like flushing of the skin, redness and itchy skin. Some may experience less of these side effects, though.
- Hydrate with lots of water, about 4 liters for 4-6 hours. Others say that drinking water is pointless but it does help you urinate more often and gets rid of the THC by dilution through urine.
- Do not consume heavy, fatty meals. Instead opt for lighter meals so the body will be prevented from burning too much fat to be converted to glucose. This action hinders the body from releasing THC into the urine.
- Take one vitamin B just before taking the test. This adds color to urine so it wont appear suspiciously clean and diluted.
Is Niacin Worth Taking?
There aren’t a lot of studies that prove the 100% effectiveness of Niacin in drug and alcohol testing yet. Although many have already attested to the fact that they have passed it when they took the Niacin supplements, some are still skeptical about its result. For those who still wants to go ahead, remember that it may or may not work out for you the same as it did with others.
If you are more than willing to try this sort of “cleansing program”, then you have to prepare yourself for the common side effects which have greatly caused discomfort among many. For those who are not willing to give this a try, it is best that you stop taking any sort of drug before taking a drug test and use one of the detox kits.
That’s the only way you can have a negative drug test result without going throuhg such extreme measure.
Why Niacin Might Not Work?
You may fail the testing completely if you have been given a limited amount of time. For those, who have the drug testing done just a day or two days prior, they would take in large doses of niacin to flush the THC all out of the system fast. But this can be very dangerous and harmful to the liver. In the long run, you may have a damaged liver from taking in too large doses of Niacin.
Alternative Methods To Pass Drug Test
Detox kits have now become famous because of their efficacy in cleansing the body of unwanted wastes and toxic substances. They have become a go-to solution for those in a hurry to get “cleansed” without the unsavory side effects of other detox methods. Here are some of these kits available specifically made depending on your needs.
Niacin can be just as effective as these detox kits but it still needs further studies to prove that. It is better to choose something that is risk-free and does not result to a lot of side effects that may pose a grave threat to one’s health. These Detox kits are all natural and has been proven to be very safe, effective and fast in giving you the results they promised. So, be wise in choosing.
Best Products To Pass Drug Test
$ 59.99 $ 77.99
- Permanent Detox
- Time to work: 7 days
- For those who have enough time, and want to detox from marijuana and other toxins, this kit will cleanse you in 7 days.
$ 59.99 $ 77.99
- Temporary results. Up to 5 hours
- Time to work: 90 minutes
- For those who need to pass a urine drug test on short notice. It works in just 90 minutes and is effective up to 5 hours, giving you enough time to pass your test.
$ 50.99 $ 66.29
- Permanent results
- Time to work: 25 days
- For those, who want to get clean and have more than 1 week.